Jordbruksverkets startsida

Veterinary qualifications

You need to be qualified to practice veterinary medicine in order to work as a veterinarian in Sweden. To be qualified, you need either a Swedish veterinary licence or a so-called special permit. A temporary provision of veterinary services can be supplied if you are legally established to work as a veterinary surgeon in an EU/EEA-country or Switzerland. The Board of Agriculture issues Swedish veterinary licences and grants special permits.

A cat and a veterinarian. Photo: Shutterstock

Foto: Shutterstock