|Priser på jordbruksmark 2011|
JO 38 SM 1201
| Första sidan - I korta drag
Statistiken med kommentarer|
Tabeller Kartor Fakta om statistiken
Kontaktpersoner, mer information In English
Agricultural land prices 2011
If you would like to download the publication in PDF format, then please click on the link "Första sidan - I korta drag” above, then click on the link ”Hela publikationen (PDF)”.
Statistics on agricultural land prices and rents have not on a regular basis been calculated or published in Sweden before the accession to EU. In EU this kind of statistics have been provided by most of the Member States to Eurostat each year since 1973. Since the accession to EU in 1995, also Sweden is providing Eurostat with annual statistics on agricultural land prices and rents.
The estimations of agricultural land prices are based on information, collected by Statistics Sweden, from sales of whole or parts of agricultural estates and information from the taxation register for real estates. However, it must be mentioned that in Sweden rather few sales of exclusively agricultural land are performed each year. Most sales of whole or parts of agricultural estates also include buildings and other kinds of land. The method used takes account of this circumstance in order to eliminate the value of buildings and other kinds of land by using the assessed values to determine the proportion of the agricultural land value of the total selling price.
Between 2008 and 2011 the price on agricultural land has increased on average with 26 %. Because of updated assessed values in 2011 in the real estate register the price development between 2010 and 2011 is difficult to determine exactly. If we use the assessed values from 2008, which was the time for last update, and use these in the method to calculate the prices for 2010 and 2011 the price development between 2010 and 2011 was 9 %. The price on agricultural land was almost five times higher 2011 compared to 1995 and the average price was estimated to 50,500 SEK per hectare. During 2011 the prices increased in the whole country but most in the southern part of Sweden. The price per hectare was still highest in the south with an average price of 138,500 SEK per hectare. There are big differences in prices between different parts of Sweden. In the plain district of southern Sweden the prices were on average more than 10 times higher than the prices in the north of Sweden.
List of tables
1. Average prices on agricultural land 1995–2011, 1 000 SEK/ha1
2. Area sold and number of sales used for estimates of prices on land 1995, 2010 and 2011 (Agriculture land)
3. Average prices on arable land 1995–2011, 1 000 SEK/ha1
4. Area sold and number of sales used for estimates of prices on land 1995, 2010 and 2011 (Arable land)
5. Average prices on permanent grassland 1995–2011, 1 000 SEK/ha1
6. Area sold and number of sales used for estimates of prices on land 1995, 2010 and 2011 (Permanent grassland)
7. Price index on agriculture land 1995–2011 (1990=100)1
8. Area sold, number of sales and average prices for arable land divided in area of arable land, 2010 and 20111,2
List of terms